Saturday, October 4, 2008

A letter from Ken!

One of the first letters we received from Ken while he was in the MTC had a note written to me on the back of the envelope. It went something like this: “J.D., please write to Elder George Waller. He is not getting any mail. His address is the same as mine.” What was I supposed to do with that little piece of information?! Some of my thoughts went along this line: I can’t write to this guy, I don’t even know him! If I write to him, he will think I’m a loser! There is no way I am going to write to him! I put the envelope on my desk in my room.

As the days passed, thoughts of that poor missionary kept entering my mind. I started to feel sorry for him! He was far away from home and not getting any mail. ‘Maybe I could write to him. What am I thinking? I can’t write to him’. ‘OK, I’ll send him 1 letter. How embarrassing to get a letter from someone you don’t even know! I’m not going to write to him.’ I kept being reminded about that poor missionary not getting any mail. I felt so bad for him. Finally I figured that I could write to him 1 time. How bad could it be? I’d never see him. He won’t write back…

1 comment:

ha said...

cool...now on to the juicy stuff...