Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Care Free Daze of my Childhood


My family moved to Snowflake in August 1970. We moved into a small 3 bedroom trailor. I shared a room with my big brother Ken. Here I am with my 2 big sisters. I am on the left (cute, I know), then Cindi, and Lydia. My dad (with help from neighbors) built a house along side the trailor which added another bathroom, a master bedroom, living room, office, and laundry room. We lived simply. My dad was a school teacher, so there wasn't much money around. We had a roof over our heads, never went hungry, and as Nephi said "we lived after the manner of happiness".








In Snowflake, I lived in a neighborhood with other kids my age. I think it may have been the quintessential neighborhood. Not all families on the block were members of the Church, but we were all friends (from my point of view). 2 of my favorite friends were Shannon and Jodi. We would spend a lot of time together. Especially in the summer time. I remember being gone (from home) all day long. We would go to the creek, or play at the "trail" (a vacant lot across from Jodi's house). Sometimes we would play in each others back yard. We rarely played inside.This picture was taken July 24, 1973. I am on the left, Shannon is in the middle, Jodi is on the right. We are all dressed up in our pioneer outfits for the traditional pioneer march around the Main Street Chapel in Snowflake. After the march or parade, we would always get a popsicle for a treat.









For my 6th birthday I had a birthday party. I invited some of my friends. From the left: Rachelle, Kimberly, Jeanie, Me, Jodi, Shannon, Michelle. When I look at this picture, I am surprised that my Mom let me wear such a short dress, and I wonder what I did to deserve that hair cut...yikes!












1 comment:

Smr said...

I am loving all of these cute pictures of you. I haven't ever seen them before.